Walter Sisulu University is a multi-campus, comprehensive University, with its seat at its Nelson Mandela Drive campus in Mthatha. The University has four campuses in Mthatha, Butterworth, Buffalo City and Queenstown, which are headed by Campus Rectors. Applications are hereby invited for the following position based in Mthatha Campus.
Applications are hereby invited for the following position: Senior Lecturer Psychology
- PhD in Psychology
- Registration with Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as Clinical or Counselling Psychologist
- Minimum 5 years’ teaching experience at a tertiary institution
- Proven ability of dissemination of research findings at national and international conferences
- Research and publications record commensurate with the level of appointment
- Experience in supervising postgraduate students.
Key Performance Areas:
- Facilitating teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Perform independent research and publications,
- Involvement in community engagement
- Supervision of postgraduate students
- Managing and coordinating teaching activities
- Involvement in committees and other administrative duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Assessment of learning material
- Moderation of assessments
- Design learning materials and programmes
- Proven research track record
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Provide leadership within department and institution,
- Ability to work as a member of a team,
- Mentoring of Junior Academics
Interested applicants should send their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic qualifications and ID Copy and the names and contact details of three referees to the Human Resources Department, Private Bag X1, Mthatha, 5117.
Email: email@example.com ; Telephonic enquiries: (047) 502 2203, Ms Andisiwe Bomvu
Date Issued: 09 November 2022
Closing Date: 23 November 2022
Applicants who have not been informed about the outcome of their application within two months from the closing date may regard their application as having been unsuccessful.
“WSU is committed to Employment Equity and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”